The wild black raspberry season has passed at my homestead and this signals the next round of activities. This is the time for re-evaluating and revamping my personal schedule for the coming fall.
Some people get so discouraged because they have to come up with a new plan or schedule for their life. But I see two strange assumptions being made here. First, perfection! It's only the perfect plan that would NEVERr have to be altered and second, that perfect plan would have to be for a "perfect" life that NEVER changes, because if it changes, then guess what, you need another perfect plan. YIKES!! And really! A life that never changes, is THAT perfection? Sounds like death to me and at the very least, extremely boring.
I say, let's be real! Our life strategies and plans naturally have to change, flex and adapt because our lives and those we care about change. So it's time to start drafting some plans. You'll notice I said PLANS and not plan. Don't think that the first concept will be the THE concept. Like writing and other creative projects (and this IS creative), a few drafts are necessary to get NEAR perfection for the coming 6 or 12 months, if I'm lucky. Because life happens!
What's the process?
1. I Brainstorm and write down all the categories of my life.
2. I keep in mind that not every category has to be attended to every day, for example Financial Maintenance, or my Personal Projects.
3. With a weekly planning sheet, I plug in my scheduled responsibilities and events (those I can not alter) under the appropriate days.
4. In that same weekly planning sheet, I plug in my life categories under the appropriate days.
5. I make 3 different sheets with different set ups.
6. I decide to share with a buddy who also takes her life plan as serious as me, and I share all three of my plans and thoughts over lunch or coffee.
Whatever I do, I try to insert some fun into it, and in this case, coffee or lunch with my friend fits the bill.
it's really helpful to not isolate yourself in this or any other process if you don't have the best perspective on it going in. Don't isolate! Others will be inspired and you will be empowered!
Keep it fun!!